Who should take this course?
Exploration. Excitement. Experiences. That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
What will you learn?
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
Other popular adventure dives you can choose from are:
- Night Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation
- Wreck Dive
The knowledge and skills you build will vary with your interests and the adventures you choose!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- PADI Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old
- or PADI Adventure Divers, you only need to complete two more Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification
What gear will you use?
Beyond using the basic scuba equipment , you’ll need:
- Dive tool (knife or shears)
- Two signaling devices (may include, but not limited to, a safety sausage and whistle)
- Dive lights (if choosing the Night Adventure Dive)
What will your schedule look like?
- Day 1: Classroom Session – approximately 2 hours to review knowledge development skills
- Day 2: Water Day One – approximately 4 hours in the water to complete Navigation, and two other Adventure Dives
- Day 3: Water Day Two – approximately 3 hours in the water to complete Deep and one other Adventure Dive
- Advanced Open Water Diver Boat Option: Contact for pricing.
- Includes all student Knowledge Development materials (PADI AOW crew-pak and Student Manual)
- Knowledge development classroom session (max. 5:1 student-teacher ratio)
- All five Adventure Dives, two of which will include diving from a charter dive vessel (to include related fees).
- AOW Certification card
- Professional PADI instructor to guide you through your course
*Starting price. Subject to change based on dive charter/Adventure Dives chosen.
Please note: A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve space in dive classes. This will also cover the cost of your course materials and shipping. Course materials are non-returnable. The balance is due before your scheduled course date. Course price is subject to change. Due to variation in schedules, gear rental is not included. Please contact us if you would like a quote for gear rentals for the duration of your course. College student? We offer student discounts (with valid student ID)!
How can you start?
You can start now by emailing us at email@example.com for scheduling and details. We’ll send you your materials so you can get started with the book work right away! All materials need to be completed before water sessions.