Who should take this course?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
What gear will you use?
You’ll use your basic scuba equipment and are required to have a pocket mask to practice in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you’ll work with an oxygen unit, floats, marker buoy’s and perhaps CPR mannequins. We will explain the equipment that you need and may suggest additional gear, such as your own first aid kit, which will be useful throughout your diving career.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old
- Current Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training (within the past 24 months)
What will your schedule look like?
- Day 1: Classroom Session – Knowledge development review and final exam
- Day 2: Water Day One – Practice In-water Rescue Skills
- Day 3: Water Day Two – In-water Rescue Scenarios
- Rescue Diver Course: Contact for pricing.
- Includes all student Knowledge Development materials (PADI Rescue Diver crew-pak and Student Manual)
- Knowledge development classroom session (max. 5:1 student-teacher ratio)
- All Rescue Scenarios and Open Water Scenario Dives (to include related fees)
- Rescue Diver Certification card
- Professional PADI instructor to guide you through your course
Please note: A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve space in dive classes. This will also cover the cost of your course materials and shipping. Course materials are non-returnable. The balance is due before your scheduled course date. Course price is subject to change. Due to variation in schedules, gear rental is not included. Please contact us if you would like a quote for gear rentals for the duration of your course. College student? We offer student discounts (with valid student ID)!
How can you start?
You can start now by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling and details. We’ll send you your materials so you can get started with the book work right away! All materials need to be completed before water sessions.